Friday, September 21, 2007

LETTER OF A POLITICAL PRISIONER...FREEDOM TO MÁRIO MACHADO !!!

E.P.P.J., 15 de Setember 2007, 20.00 hours

Comrades and Friends,

Today at 19:15 hours and already after the cells closing, the prison policemen went to the cell 49 where I am, saying that my cell had to be open because some one was waiting for me in the office.For my surprise two PJ inspectors and one official from DIAP were waiting.

They were bringing the official accusation paper work, reason why I am in jail, and they needed me to sign it.With this imprisonment , I have already in total almost 3 years in jail and I never saw such a thing, as the notifications were done in the general office until 17.30/18.00 hours, normal working hours, so I thought before sign the papers.

The fact is, according to the new law that was officially applied at the 15 of September, today, I started to be imprisoned illegally, therefore the maximum time of preventive custody is of 4 months, I have about 5 at this moment, as I was withheld in 18 of April of 2007.

The court had to free me, as made with about twenty prisoners in this establishment, in similar situations.Then I had the accusation to sign in day 15, but saying that it was ready in day 14 for the 23,00 hours.Obviously what the law says is that when the accused one is notified it is that it matters, otherwise in 1 year time The Solicitor Cândida Vilar, could say the accusation was ready knows when… in August! A shame!

I spoke with guards, that have more then twenty years and none of them have seen nothing like this happening in their lives, they wanted to deceive a prisoner to keep the preventive custody at any cost!My lawyer, Dr. Jose Castro, will deliver on Monday an order of habeas corpus to proceed with my immediate release. I am waiting to see…

My levels of indignation and revolt are in the highest platform. Beyond having relieved my feeling through my window with other prisoners, also incredulous, I grasped this pen to relieve with you all. Always helps.

Against us everything is valid: accusations are invented, profs are forged and now they ignore the legal stated periods, and worse , they try to deceive a prisoner to sign accusation papers on the 15, an accusation that was obviously not concluded in day 14, and at the time of 23,00 hours…

If we weren’t talking about my freedom, it would wish to laugh.I would like that all Comrades let know about this situation to the biggest number of persons. This can not be silenced!

A shame!

“I prefer the Death instead of dishonour”

Mário Rui Valente Machado

Is a prisoner of conscience, deprived of freedom of speech.